Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Shutter problem on a saljut-c Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Shutter problem on a saljut-c « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Karrlander
Tinkerer
Username: Karrlander

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2011 - 04:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi! Found this forum when searching for information on the Saljut-C. I have a problem that I guess comes from the shutter moving jerky. It shows as light vertical "lines". It doesn't show up on every picture and not always at the same degree but always in the same spot. Does anyone have a qlue to what might be my problem and how it can be fixed?
example can be seen here: http://flickr.com/gp/karrlander/7930k6
Regards
Robban

T6nn
Tinkerer
Username: T6nn

Post Number: 21

Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2011 - 09:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi.
There is a direct light leak at the lower left side of the image. I think the bright lines must be an indirect light leak - light from the same (or some other) source reflecting from the shiny corrugated steel of the shutter curtain. At least the frequency of the lines seems to fit the pattern on the shutter curtain.
Light leaks from the gap between the body and film back are endemic on these cameras. After trying everything else, I "solved" the problem with a black rubber band around the film back and a restraint of not changing them midroll.

Karrlander
Tinkerer
Username: Karrlander

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2011 - 09:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks! You might be right on that one and I know I have some light leaks from that back. Didn't think of indirect leaks though but it sounds as it might be the cause. Did some work on another back with worse leaks and now when I tried that back with a roll of film I didn't get any lines at all. I will do some more lead-fixing and see if that stops the problem.

Thanks again!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration