Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Clean the Viewfinder in Olympus XA Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Clean the Viewfinder in Olympus XA « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lucadomi
Tinkerer
Username: Lucadomi

Post Number: 10

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 01:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recentky got an Olumpus XA that needs to be cleaned. The viewfinder is very dirty.Does anybody have a good step by step on how to remove the top, clean the viewfinder and put it back without damaging the camera?
Thanks for the help.

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 76

Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 05:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/repairmanuals.html

Lucadomi
Tinkerer

Post Number: 11

Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 09:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the great link Finnegan, a lot of precious information.I'll study the manual. It is a little advanced for me, but I should find what I need for my task.
Thanks again.

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 252

Posted on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 04:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Lucadomi,

here's an illustrated and commented how-to. Removing the top is quite straight forward.
In quick words: Remove the bottom, remove the slider (carefully not to lose the metal cylinder for the click stop)pry loose the shutter release button unscrew the top (there are two screws under the rewind crank)
It's all in the pictures and the comments below.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ludoo/sets/72157616771172392/with/3442033481/

Hope it helps.
Regards
Martin

Lucadomi
Tinkerer

Post Number: 13

Posted on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 06:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's great Martin
It was really too complicated to figure it out from the repair manual only.
That's really a very good step by step. Now I think I can try to clean the viewfinder properly.
Thanks a lot.

Mareklew
Tinkerer
Username: Mareklew

Post Number: 228

Posted on Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 10:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

watch it, the half-silvered mirror that makes the double-image happen does not like to be wiped with anything harder than a sunshine ray...!

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 253

Posted on Monday, August 08, 2011 - 03:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Lucadomi,

glad I was of help finding the link. The actual how-to is of course by somebody else.

Also mind Mareks comment. He is a true expert on the XA - and many, many other cameras.

Rgds
Martin

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration