Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ensign Autorange 220 rangefinder info Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Ensign Autorange 220 rangefinder info « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brooklynlight
Tinkerer
Username: Brooklynlight

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 01:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently bought a pre-war Ensign Autorange 220 in an on-line auction. It turned up in pretty rough condition, and when I took the top cover off to clean the view finder I found that the rangefinder optics and mechanism were missing. I would like to try and reconstruct the rangefinder but I've had no luck finding any images of this detail and I wondered if anyone reading this might be able to help. If someone could post a picture taken from above with the rf cover removed this would really help. I'm also keen to see a shot taken up and under the range finder from the bellows side as there must be a lever on a post that works from the upper linkage arm. All there is on my camera is a hole under a spring where a post would have gone through to the rangefinder. I've done a lot of looking online but nothing I've found has shown this area in any detail.I hope this isn't to much of a big ask, perhaps there is someone somewhere who has a 220 in pieces.

Cheers, and many thanks.

Ian

Baldini
Tinkerer
Username: Baldini

Post Number: 1

Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 04:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yesterday i got my second Ensign 220 Autorange and have carefuly cleaned the viewfinder.
Here are some pictures.

ensign c

ensign d

ensign a

Cheers.

Chris

Brooklynlight
Tinkerer
Username: Brooklynlight

Post Number: 5

Posted on Friday, January 27, 2012 - 05:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Chris

Thank you for posting the excellent pictures of your autorange 220 with the top removed. After taking a very long hard look at them I have decided not to attempt to reconstruct the rangefinder but I will use it as it is and guess the distances. Thanks again for taking the trouble to post, I think it is really amazing how people help each other on this forum and I hope that i will be able to help someone else sometime.

Cheers, Ian

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration