Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Does it worth it? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Does it worth it? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nico
Tinkerer
Username: Nico

Post Number: 42

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 13, 2011 - 09:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone! I'm thinking about buying a beautiful Olympus Pen FT that I've found very cheap on the internet (from a site in Argentina, not ebay, don't try to get it first ;) ), that has very good looking in cosmetcs but has a problem with the shutter: it works only in B and between 1/8 and 1/500 speeds. So the thing is I wanted to ask you first, if you have any experience with this camera, if it worth it to buy and take the risk to repair it. Doest it sound complicated or easy to do? Could it be just a simple CLA? Is the CLA in these cameras a difficult procedure?
I ask you first because, even if it is a cheap price in comparison with other seller's prices, it is still a money.

Thank you for your advice
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1140

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 13, 2011 - 09:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It sounds like a very straightforward sticky shutter speed escapement; however, I don't know a quick/easy way to get access to it. I have notes for removing the mirror box, which gives you full access to everything. Email me at [email protected] and I'll send you a copy.

(oh: yes, it's worth it) :-)=

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration