Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus Pen FT Repair guides WATCH THIS! Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Olympus Pen FT Repair guides WATCH THIS! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nico
Tinkerer
Username: Nico

Post Number: 43

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 10:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi! I've just found these info on a group in flickr and the first I thought when I followed the link was "MY GOD! This will be so cool for the people of rangefinderforum!"
So here they are
http://olypedia.de/DEMO_an_PEN_FT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDbcokfZcbE

I know, one in german, the other japanese, but hey, you can't get it all! There's a lot of info in olypedia, nothing that a google translate can't do.
And you will not understand a word of what the jap mad man says for sure, but it is clear that he knows what he is doing.
Sure this will help someone a bit.

Olympfix
Tinkerer
Username: Olympfix

Post Number: 44

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 04:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hope the German one locates the reverse thread screws. The Japanese one doesn't. Also, it is imperative you note the correct timing when un-docking the mirror box. Pen F repair is not for the faint hearted

Nico
Tinkerer
Username: Nico

Post Number: 50

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 02:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well so far, I located the reverse thread screws and removed the lens panel with the mirror-box attached. I think I will not need to take it apart but will take care for sure. I think you are right. Apart from that I'm a beginner in camera tinkering, this one is trickier than others I've done.
But with these sites and the very helpful notes Rick gave me, I'm doing pretty well.
By the way, I now realize, by the nickname of yours, who can I ask to if any trouble arises :-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration