Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica FX3, Mirror Adjustment Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica FX3, Mirror Adjustment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Icr
Tinkerer
Username: Icr

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 19, 2011 - 08:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am currently working on three Yashica FX-3 bodies and a bunch of lenses. I discovered something today and wanted to pass it along.

In the Yashica FX3 Repair manual (available on scribd), the adjustment of the mirror is not covered. Making me think there is no adjustment. However, the CONTAX 139 has similar mechanics and the 139 Service Manual (also available on scribd) shows the adjustment. There are two little screws. One to adjust the angle and another to adjust the pivot point.

Monopix
Tinkerer
Username: Monopix

Post Number: 218

Posted on Friday, August 19, 2011 - 09:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Couldn't post a link to the FX3 manual could you. A search of Scribd didn't find it.

Icr
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Friday, August 19, 2011 - 11:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.scribd.com/collections/2877565/fx3

Icr
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Friday, August 19, 2011 - 11:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Contax 139

http://www.scribd.com/doc/54625225/Contax-139-Repair-Manual

Icr
Tinkerer

Post Number: 6

Posted on Friday, August 19, 2011 - 03:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So this turned out to be easier than expected. Under the rewind-side front covering are two holes in the front plate. These holes lead to screws #2 and #3 in the above diagram.
In my case the top and bottom of the screen focused slightly off. A few tweaks of the screw #2 brought it back perfect. Film-plane focus had been slightly off in the center, now its ok, so no need for any adjustment of screw #3.

Monopix
Tinkerer
Username: Monopix

Post Number: 219

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2011 - 04:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thnaks for the link. No sure why I couldn't find it. The 139 manual is mine so no problem finding that ;-)

Monopix aka Equiphoto

Icr
Tinkerer

Post Number: 7

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2011 - 06:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monopix, thanks for posting the 139 manual! It saved me from taking the mirror box out and analyzing the mechanism.
With the front plate off, here is screw #3 just below the red wire (#2 can't be seen in this shot).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/ic-racer/2011/MirrorScrew.jpg

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/ic-racer/2011/MirrorScrew.jpg[/IMG]

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration