Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus PEN F and FT case compatibility Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Olympus PEN F and FT case compatibility « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nico
Tinkerer
Username: Nico

Post Number: 44

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2011 - 09:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all. I recentrly purchased a beautiful PEN FT that came with the bottom part of the case only. I really like to have the whole thing so I was thinking on buying the top half only trough internet. Before I make an expensive mistake, can anyone tell me if the top half of one model is compatible with mine? (again, it is an FT)

Besides the camera case, it looks in pretty good shape, aside from a stiff film advance lever and the mirror getting stuck at lower speeds than 1/8. You have to set to B and the mirror pops back again. Think it could need a CLA and nothing more.
Aparently Rick, you were right, it was totally worth the risk. sure your repair tips will come in handy ;)

Nico
Tinkerer
Username: Nico

Post Number: 48

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2011 - 09:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone know? Hurry up! I'll miss the offer! AAAAAAh! :-(

Marco
Tinkerer
Username: Marco

Post Number: 22

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2011 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

May I suggest you raise this subject in the Classic Camera Forum, photo.net site?

Thuggins
Tinkerer
Username: Thuggins

Post Number: 42

Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 09:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The F and FT have different cases because of the different position of the tripod socket. The F has the socket over near the very edge. On the FT the socket is moved over more to the center, to make room for the battery compartment. So the FT top part has a cutout to make room for the mounting screw.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration