Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Help repair for Rolleiflex 35 mx evs... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Help repair for Rolleiflex 35 mx evs WLF « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rsr
Tinkerer
Username: Rsr

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2011 - 12:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a problem with my WLF (waste level finder)it no long opens correctly. There is a roller rod which is attached to a leaf spring that pushes on the top lid of the wlf. This should act like a cam to give that snap and hold open force when you open the WLF. But it no longer correctly engages at the start as instead of running on the outside front of the top it gets caught on the bottom edge. If you get it by the start everything works OK.

The repair manual is no help as it doesn't really show the normal position. I suspect the top is bent slightly out or is worn but never having seen it when it is working I don't know?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rsr
Tinkerer
Username: Rsr

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 07:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A photo of the parts
http://rraz.ca/wlf.jpg

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration