Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax Super A no LCD in viewfinder b... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Pentax Super A no LCD in viewfinder but OK on top « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Thehorologist
Tinkerer
Username: Thehorologist

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 11:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pentax Super A no LCD in viewfinder but OK on top.
After repiring mirror lock up problem (mech under nase plate) with the help of this forum; I was hopeing someone might had an answer for the above problem. Everything seems to be working OK again on my super A except no LCD exposure not a major problem just a puzzle. I am running a film through now to see how the camera is performing otherwise. Thanks for any info on viewfinder problem.
Chris
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Old_school
Tinkerer
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 115

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 12:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

T: The life of LCD is not in theory too long 3 to five years is what they predicted. But I have seen a lot older ones still doing fine. I am not familiar with this particular model, so don't shoot the messenger. The LCD have a trace circuit on the glass. The way the conduction is passed is either by a fixed flex ribbon or a conducting piece of what looks like white & black wafered rubber. The conduction of the rubber wafer can sometimes be revived by cleaning the rubber & glass LCD connections with isopropyl alcohol & cotton swabs & reassembled. To test the LCD, would require a 3vdc power source & carefully touching the traces on the glass display with the correct polarity. Check all your grounds & connections first.
The Best Mike...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration