Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Vebur shutter reassembling Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Vebur shutter reassembling « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Esdy_11192
Tinkerer
Username: Esdy_11192

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 02, 2011 - 09:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everybody,

I got the link for this interesting forum from Flickr.

I would need a Vebur shutter repair manual or more simply a close up photo of the mechanism. Or anything that would help me reassemble the shutter. I looked at some Synchro Compur photos but it's quite different, I don't know is there a more similar shutter.

The front plate is looking like this one.
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/welta/weltaflex/weltaflex_picture10.jpg

This is my first real try at repairing and I wanted to check one little part that seemed to be the problem, but I don't know in witch position it should be. Btw, If anyone have some spare Vebur shutter blades (3 of them) I'll be interested (the previous owner of the Certo Super Dollina 2 poked end bended, I managed to fix them a little).

Thanks in advance

Hanskerensky
Tinkerer
Username: Hanskerensky

Post Number: 104

Posted on Friday, September 02, 2011 - 03:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't have any experience with the Vebur but know that it was last in the line of a series of shutters designed by VEB Balda (Belca). They started with the Ovus, then came the Cludor and last in line was the Vebur.

Getting access to the shutter mechanism will not be that different then i.e. a Compur Rapid though the inner mechanisms probably are.

Esdy_11192
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, September 02, 2011 - 04:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, it does look somehow similar as a comur rapid. I only found this guide. http://pheugo.com/cameras/index.php?page=compur&WEBMGR=89eaa9ce05ff49a9f1a98c1c7 028a2f9

But the part that I'm interested in is pretty small on the photos. :-( Actually I would need a photo between the 3rd and 4th from the link above, all the mechanism just without the cocking ring but with all the elements on the left side.

Thanks for the reply

Hanskerensky
Tinkerer
Username: Hanskerensky

Post Number: 105

Posted on Saturday, September 03, 2011 - 01:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Something like this ?

Compur Rapid

If you could send me a persomal mail we can exchange some more photos. I would be really interested seeing how a Vebur looks like internally.

Esdy_11192
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Saturday, September 03, 2011 - 05:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

@Hanskerensky: I saw just now that I actually added you a few days ago on Flickr. I'll send you my email there.

The photo is ok, but a overhead view would be perfect. I can take photos now from the disassembled mechanism and all the parts (i marked them). If I manage to reassemble the mechanism I would send some further more complete photos.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration