Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Stiff/jammed OM Zuiko Auto-Macro 50/3.5 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Stiff/jammed OM Zuiko Auto-Macro 50/3.5 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jahve
Tinkerer
Username: Jahve

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 03, 2011 - 09:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello to you all, this is my first post here as I just found your website.
My problem is with my beloved Olympus OM Zuiko Auto-Macro 50/3.5
My lens aperture has started to be extremely stiff.

The lens seems jammed although it worked a couple of weeks ago, it seems one screw is broken (the stopping screw on bayonet) and the lubrification is running to one aperture blade.

Are there any repair guides and/or exploded views of this lens available on the internet?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Spyderman
Tinkerer
Username: Spyderman

Post Number: 14

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 02:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://olympus.dementix.org

the stopping screw on bayonet is not that important. The bayonet lock works fine as long as you don't force the lens clockwise farther than the locked position.

I've never worked on 50/3.5 but from experience with other Zuikos: you usually need to remove the front name plate, then you can unscrew the front group, remove the lens mount from the back and unscrew the rear group and you're at the aperture blades.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration