Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica GSN exposure indicators and s... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica GSN exposure indicators and shutter speed problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gdc
Tinkerer
Username: Gdc

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 04:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I've been looking around to find a thread about the same problem, but couldn't find one.
So i'll try to describe the problem:
My batterychecklight works fine, but the exposure indicators do not. The yellow light shines a little bit (you can only see it in the dark), the red light never lights up. Also the B-mode isn't working, i guess I only can shoot at 1/500... I can use a flash, but don't think it uses the right shutter speed...
So, i guess there's a bad connection somewhere???
Can someone help me on this one plz, thanks alot!

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 85

Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 05:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check the "pad of death" and make sure the slider contacts are clean. Do a google search on "Yashica Guy" and "pad of death" and you should come up with something.

Gdc
Tinkerer
Username: Gdc

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 05:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for your response!But pod is fine, always heard the 'clunk'. And I got it working again, after putting some aluminium foil on the battery cover. So apparently the batterycheckcircuit was triggered, but the meter wasn't... Now everything is working fine. Don't know why it took me so long to find out it was just an easy to fix problem... I hope this can be useful to others!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration