Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Spotmatic lightmeter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Spotmatic lightmeter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Elmariachi
Tinkerer
Username: Elmariachi

Post Number: 8

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 05:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Spotmatic was working fine and then, after two days without use, the lightmeter isn't working right. I thought that maybe I had left the switch on so it drained the battery, but switching to a new one didn't help. With or without lens gives the same result: when push the switch the needle moves slightly up and comes down slowly, never reaching even the middle... what could have gone wrong?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Old_school
Tinkerer
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 128

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2011 - 09:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

E: First thing is to clean the contacts of the battery cell with an ink eraser or glass brush if possible. make sure to clean the battery cap inside & the threads as well that is the other contact.
I like to clean the energy cell on a piece of news paper or such by dragging it over the paper on both sides to remove any possible oxides. IF the battery has leaked prior it is possible the fluids wicked into the wires & this will create a problem, try the above first & see if it helps.
The Best Mike.....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration