Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon A1 motor drive coupler Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Canon A1 motor drive coupler « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Neelie
Tinkerer
Username: Neelie

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2011 - 06:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have just bought a motor drive for my Canon A1. The camera unfortunately does not have a motor drive coupler cover on the bottom and therefore I cannot attach the motor drive.

If you have a spare one and are prepared to sell it, please let me know the price.

Eileen

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 953

Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2011 - 09:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry, but your request does not make sense. The A1 motor driver coupler cover is just a simple screw in disc with a coin slot to aid removal, its presence is purely cosmetic and the camera will operate with or without it. When the motor drive is fitted the cover must be removed - so if yours is missing the drive must fit!

The only other interpretation of your post would be that the baseplate fitted to your camera does not have any holes cut in it for the coupler or the electrical contact plate. Again this is impossible because all the A Series cameras had provision to fit the simple Power Winder A - thus all A Series base plates have the cutout for the contact plate and the threaded male hole for the coupler cover.

Can you provide more details of your exact problem?

Neelie
Tinkerer
Username: Neelie

Post Number: 4

Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2011 - 05:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You are quite right my post didn't make sense. I have now worked out from a badly compiled manual where I went wrong and now have the motor drive attached and working correctly.

Thank you for answering my post and offering help.

Many thanks
Eileen

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration