Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Contax (Pantacon) D SLR shutter curta... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Contax (Pantacon) D SLR shutter curtain , part 2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wonloo
Tinkerer
Username: Wonloo

Post Number: 37

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 06:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First of all, thanks to those who sent me the information on replacing the shutter curtain, which helped a lot.

While waiting for the new curtain to arrive, I fixed the film counter by making the missing clutch plat from a Heineken bottle cap.

The film counter is now in working order.

The new curtain was ordered on eBay from a Japanese vendor. It is a sandwich with silk on both sides and rubber in the middle. With three layers, it is still thinner and softer than the original one. Replacing the curtain was relatively easy.

Now, I am facing another problem. The closing curtain works freely with 7 or less turns of tension but the opening curtain gets stuck at 1/8 inch of the opening with 8 turns.

I tried to pull the curtain by hand and found some resistances at 1/8 inch where the curtain got stuck. If I pull a little harder, it will go through the cycle. I will think the curtain should travel smoothly through the whole length. Is this normal?

It is so close. Help, anyone?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration