Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Lynx 14e rangefinder. Need a picture ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Lynx 14e rangefinder. Need a picture or info. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paolo_bonello
Tinkerer
Username: Paolo_bonello

Post Number: 8

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 09:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone have a pic of the below rangefinder internals. I'm particularly interested in the correct position of the spring behind the diagonal mirror which projects the framelines into the beam splitter. If you look at my pic the mirror I'm talking sbout is missing because I have yet to reglue it to the frame.
This frame has a pivot and a spring which is not common with other yashica rangefinders.
I'm curious because in my mind it seems like thst spring does nothing the way it is positioned in my camera.

Ok so the mirror just behind the frameline metal plate has fallen off. no prob I can stick that back on but I am a bit confused by the spring shown in the picture. it seems like it might be in the wrong position. if you look at the frame where the missing mirror mounts to. it has a lever arm which extends near a hexagonal post with a slot in it. well I though that lever arm is supposed to interact with that hexagonal post which moves in and out as you turn the focus ring. to me it seems like the spring is doing the exact opposite and keeping the lever arm from moving the mirror.

[IMG]http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp1/eXraycer/380bc84c.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp1/eXraycer/9242068e.jpg[/IMG]

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration