Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Anybody deal with Morgan Sparks at Ca... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Anybody deal with Morgan Sparks at Cameraleather.com LATELY? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Logandiana
Tinkerer
Username: Logandiana

Post Number: 15

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 07, 2011 - 09:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So I have been buying leather replacement skin kits from Morgan Sparks at cameraleather.com for a couple of years now. I’ve never had any problems. I place the order and about 10 days to two weeks later I get my kits in the mail. On July 28th I placed an order and then on August 11th I received my 3 kits. There was a slight problem with one of the kits (a couple of knob coverings were missing). I emailed Morgan, and emailed again a week later after not getting a response. He did email back the second time and told me that he would try to get the replacement leather pieces cut and in the mail by the next day. I replied thanking him and told him that I’d be placing another order for 5 new camera leather kits that day. I placed the order for 5 kits on Thursday August 18th… and that’s the last I’ve heard. I emailed him on September 2nd just to try and get a ballpark idea of when I could expect to receive the replacement parts and the new kits (I realize that he did just have a hurricane come through there). Then I emailed again on September 22nd to try and get some kind of status, any status at all. Then I tried emailing again yesterday morning Oct 6th, a full 7 weeks since I first place the order for the new kits. I still haven’t received the replacement parts I needed, or the new kits, and to this point I still have not received an email response of any kind telling me anything.
I have no problems with waiting, it’s just that it would be nice to know how long I have to wait. Right now I have 5 naked cameras sitting on the mantle and the wife is starting to ask questions. I also have 2 more cameras that I am ready to place an order for new leather kits. And since I typically buy these cameras, fix them up, recover them, and resell them, I probably have about $1200 locked up that I can’t move until I get them recovered. I am starting to get a little concerned. Is Morgan okay? Has anyone heard from him? Has anyone placed any orders lately and received them? I hope someone on this forum knows something!

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 101

Posted on Friday, October 07, 2011 - 09:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have only dealt with cameraleather once, about a year ago. I had a similar experience with lack of communication and did have to wait a few months to get my order. Morgan is probably fine, just busy trying to process orders.

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 83

Posted on Friday, October 07, 2011 - 01:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I sent for a kit to cover a TLR. It arrived in about a week. The piece of covering for the back door was cut backwards. In other words, after positioning it over the tripod mount, it was too short on one end and too long on the other end. Also the square piece for the hood had to be really "stretched" to fit. I e-mailed mentioning the problem simply as feedback which I thought he might like to know and did not ask for anything. I, at least, expected to get a reply but got nothing. I would still buy from cameraleather.com if I needed something but the experience left me feeling the business was a one man hobbyist operation that had grown too fast for him to keep up. This was about 8 months ago.

Msteen1314
Tinkerer
Username: Msteen1314

Post Number: 26

Posted on Friday, October 07, 2011 - 05:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I dealt with Morgan a few months ago and while her initial response was 24 hrs after placing the order, it did take about 6 weeks to get the covering for my Kiev 4a. She did apologize for the delay.
I suspect that this will be more typical as more people take advantage of her products. Best idea is simply order earlier than later so that by the time you are ready for the covering stage, it's well on its way to you.
Excellent product and worth the wait, just plan a head.
It's kind of refreshing in this day and age to actually have to wait for someone to manually fill your custom order.
Martin

Msteen1314
Tinkerer
Username: Msteen1314

Post Number: 27

Posted on Friday, October 07, 2011 - 05:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry I just realized, I always assumed that Morgan was a she...please correct if wrong (sorry Morgan)

Finnegan
Tinkerer

Post Number: 84

Posted on Friday, October 07, 2011 - 06:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, you can always try other camera leather sellers like http://aki-asahi.com/store/

Logandiana
Tinkerer

Post Number: 16

Posted on Saturday, October 08, 2011 - 07:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Finnegan: I kinda had the same problem with the kit for my TLR. The back piece just didn't fit correctly. I emailed Morgan and got the response the it must have gotten really hot in the mail and shrunk. He said he would send me a replacement back piece along with the knob covers that weren't in with the original kit. I didn't know that there were other places that sold camera leather. Unfortunately the place you linked to has none of the cameras listed that I need coverings for.
Msteen1314: I would order ahead of time, but I don't for two reasons. One is I want to make sure the camera is in perfect working order before I recover it so I don't have to tear it down again and remove the covering. The covering is always the last thing to do. Also I once waited a while and the covering didn't fit right in a lot of places and it didn't stick very well either. Morgan said that the coverings are meant to be put on the camera very soon after receiving them, and can shrink and distort if not. Of course in my case it was about 7 or 8 months from the time I receive the kit to the time I put it on, and the kit was sitting in an envelop in the meantime in the hot garage.

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer
Username: Fallisphoto

Post Number: 174

Posted on Saturday, October 08, 2011 - 08:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You know, guys, it IS possible to just buy pieces of leather on ebay and cut them to size yourselves. It often doesn't cost as much, you have a FAR wider selection and some of Morgan's materials, like that "Hasselblad" vinyl material, are just too darned stiff and will peel loose from curved surfaces over a week or so (you have to keep sticking them back down).

Logandiana
Tinkerer

Post Number: 17

Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 02:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

True, but then again on ebay, you don't have the piece of mind that you do with dealing with a place like camera leather.com. Also I don't want to have to try and cut all my own material I want to get it in the mail and stick it on. Don't get me wrong about cameraleather.com, I love the leather, the prices, and the selection. I guess I don't mind the wait so much either. I just wish I could get one courtesy email saying something like, 'hey I got your order, but I am really backed up right now, you can expect your order in 1 month'... or two months or whatever. Just take 2 seconds to send me a ballpark time frame on when I can expect to get it. For all I know I am sending emails to a mailbox that nobody is even reading because Morgan is dead in a ditch somewhere, or decided to drop everything and do a hiking tour of New Zealand, or whatever.

Finnegan
Tinkerer

Post Number: 85

Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 05:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I heard that the lower level of his business got flooded and he is trying to restore everything.

I have bought leather at Tandy stores. They do have real leather thin enough for cameras. Not expensive.

Donnie_strickland
Tinkerer
Username: Donnie_strickland

Post Number: 135

Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 06:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

From the website:

http://www.cameraleather.com/news/

"August 29, 2011: For the second time this year a major flood event, "Irene", this time with electricity but also a massive cleanup. Photos to follow."

Logandiana
Tinkerer

Post Number: 18

Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 01:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Donnie: I noticed that on the website too. The thing is the last order I placed took just about two weeks. This order that I placed was on August 18th, a full 10 days before the hurricane even hit up there. How hard would it be to say

August 29, 2011: For the second time this year a major flood event, "Irene", this time with electricity but also a massive cleanup. Photos to follow. By the way if you have placed an order recently you can expect to receive it ______"

At least then I would know. Or how hard would be to take two seconds to respond to one of my many emails to say "Hey man, calm down! I haven't forgotten about you and your order. You'll have it by ______"
I would be totally okay with that.

Donnie_strickland
Tinkerer
Username: Donnie_strickland

Post Number: 136

Posted on Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 07:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's only a guess, but I think it most likely that he doesn't say, simply because he doesn't know. Relax and give him time; he'll make it good.

Miss_emma_jade
Tinkerer
Username: Miss_emma_jade

Post Number: 1

Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 02:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ive ordered 3 times in last 8 months, return mail. maybe it depends what you order. mine were Leica screw, Cannon 11b and kiev. all in Griptac. more than pleased.

Finnegan
Tinkerer

Post Number: 89

Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 11:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Griptac. Ooooo.

He doesn't answer because, as it says clearly on the website, read his updates and messages. Everything is clearly spelled out there and, as it says there, it takes hours to answer every e-mail when the answers can be found on the website already.

Plaskey
Tinkerer
Username: Plaskey

Post Number: 5

Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 01:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I ordered a kit for a Contax 139 winder earlier this summer and haven't heard from him since... up to then his stuff was great.

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer

Post Number: 179

Posted on Monday, October 31, 2011 - 09:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Logandiana, are you telling me that you have more piece of mind sending money to someone who has the number of complaints that this thread alone has generated? You yourself were wondering if he was dead in a ditch somewhere. There are numerous complaints about unanswered email, and two complaints about leather that didn't fit out of about a dozen posts.

On ebay I can see whether a certain seller has 98% positive feedback or better, whether he answeres his messages, whether he attempts to resolve complaints, whether he ships the leather in a timely manner, and so on. The tools are there to make it a safe transaction, but you have to use them.

Logandiana
Tinkerer

Post Number: 20

Posted on Monday, October 31, 2011 - 10:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Over the years I have probably spent over $500 with Morgan on dozens of kits with no problems at all until now.
That was the reason for the post in the first place, to see if anyone else was having any problems. Besides the communication problems, Morgan knows what he's doing and has a good selection. Better than anything I have found on ebay or anywhere else for that matter. Sure I could buy material on ebay and then spend hours trying to cut it with precision, but I'd rather just open from the envelop and stick it on. If I could find an ebay seller that was selling ready to go kits for a good price AND in the right color (I have never put a plain black leatherette back on a camera), then I would be all over it. The problem with ebay is that so many new sellers jump up each morning and decide, I am going to sell x product that they bought a 10,000 from y company halfway around the world. The sellers often dropship and have no idea any details about what they are selling. And on ebay if you sell 10,000 then the 100 or so negative feedback is not going to make any difference.

Denny
Tinkerer
Username: Denny

Post Number: 80

Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 06:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you don't mind, keep us posted as to when you get your order. I was ready to order a kit for a newly obtained Yashica D, but am holding off for now.

Thanks

Enesterov
Tinkerer
Username: Enesterov

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 06:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Everyone,

I am in Toronto, Canada. Ordered Yashica Mat kit 3 weeks ago and received it a week ago. Condition is perfect, as always.

No email, no telephone communications. Just ordered it from website and this is it.

Ed

Logandiana
Tinkerer

Post Number: 21

Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 09:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Enesterov
This is the kind of response that I was looking for when I first posted this question. This means that Morgan is in fact not dead in a ditch somewhere and just must have either forgot about mine or skipped over it for some reason. Still wish I could get a hold of him some how.

Cactus
Tinkerer
Username: Cactus

Post Number: 4

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 08:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think it was about 6 weeks ago, Ordered a kit for a Yashica FX-3 on a Thursday, came in the mail on the following Monday.

Logandiana
Tinkerer

Post Number: 22

Posted on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 02:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

3 months...

Finnegan
Tinkerer

Post Number: 96

Posted on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 05:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Write him a letter with order/invoice numbers.

He answered my e-mail last week inquiring about products.

One90guy
Tinkerer
Username: One90guy

Post Number: 5

Posted on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 06:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I order a Argus C-3 kit late night on 14th and received it today. The order before this one was several weeks.

Logandiana
Tinkerer

Post Number: 23

Posted on Saturday, November 19, 2011 - 02:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wish I knew what I did to receive this kind of treatment. It's not like I ordered anything out of the ordinary. 2 Yashica Mat kits, 1 Yashica Mat 635, 1 pentax K1000, and 1 Yashica elecro 35 GSN. Everything in just a colored seal skin or griptac, it's not like I ordered some exotic lizard leather or something. I have probably sent 25-30 emails over the past 3 months and not one of them has received a response.

Logandiana
Tinkerer

Post Number: 24

Posted on Saturday, November 26, 2011 - 11:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

***UPDATE***
So this is pretty strange. I still have not received a response to any email that have sent, but I did receive an envelope in the mail the other day and now I think I know why I haven't heard anything until now. Well maybe... I think I have narrowed it down to 1 of 3 reasons:
1. Morgan has lost his mind.
2. Morgan has messed up his orders big time and perhaps has sent my order to someone else or has lost it.
3. Morgan is F'ing with me for the fun of it.
I am leaning towards number 2, but who knows. So... What did I get in mail you ask?
I knew right away the envelop was too light and too small to contain the 5 kits that I ordered plus the replacement parts that he omitted from the previous kit ordered in July. Inside the envelope was a single sheet of copy paper with a small handwritten sentence... "Logan, Here is the sample I wrote about. Thanks, Morgan" and then enclosed was a small cut out sample of blue seal skin. WTF? First off I have ordered blue seal skin numerous times, and I know what it looks like. I don't need a sample. Also he writes this so nonchalantly like we have been writing back and forth or talking on the phone recently. At least I know he's not dead though. I do now have his address though so I plan to send a registered letter with a print out of my previous emails sent and a copy of my paid paypal receipt.

Thuggins
Tinkerer
Username: Thuggins

Post Number: 40

Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 08:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any small vendor can make a mistake every now and then. I have dealt with Morgan on various occassions, and the quality of both the product and service have always been first rate. Each die-cut piece always fits perfectly and the material is excellent quality. They provide a valuable service to the classic camera community.

Mlewus
Tinkerer
Username: Mlewus

Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, so I placed and order for three cameras worth of leather on Nov 26. The next day I get an email asking which specific model, send a picture. So I did. That's the last I heard.

I have sent maybe 5 emails over two weeks trying to find out if this guy got my photo or if he is even alive or dead and get absolutely no response. He did, however, accept my $80 from Paypal.

An email that says "Sorry I am busy, please wait 3 months" would take 10 seconds and would have been fine. No communication at all is not fine. Had I not found this site I would have had no idea at all that this is his usual deal..

This is no way to run a business, "custom" or not. If he is going to delay an order by months, he ought to at least have to common courtesy to tell his customers, before they place their orders.

As far as I am concerned this is just BS. I think I am going to ask Paypal to intervene here.

Logandiana
Tinkerer

Post Number: 25

Posted on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 12:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well today is actually 4 months since I placed my order for 5 leather kits. I did as I said that I would above and I sent him a print out of my emails with the dates on each highlighted as well as the paid invoice from paypal in an evelope via certified mail. He had to sign for it and I received a return receipt postcard with his signature. I show that he signed for it on Dec 9th. In the letter I explained to him the situation and acknowledged that it must just be an accidental oversight on his part, but that I would like to be contacted to know when I can expect my kits. I gave him two different email addresses and my phone number. Well it's now 9 days later with still no contact on his end. Maybe it is number 3 from my previous post.

I honestly am at a loss of what to do here. I guess my next step is to contact paypal. Maybe he'll respond to an email from them... My wife thinks I ought to just get my money back and be done with it, but I explained to her that this guy is the only one I can find that does this sort of thing (at least with the cameras that I want recovered), and that I just want my leather kits, not my money back.

Logandiana
Tinkerer

Post Number: 26

Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 09:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

5 months...

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer

Post Number: 245

Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2012 - 02:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It isn't that hard to cut your own leather. Get a sheet of leather or leatherette on ebay, get a steel ruler and a compass get an X-acto knife and a bunch of blades, a bottle of Pliobond and you're set. If you really get into it, some leather punches for cutting perfect holes will come in handy too. I've done dozens. Only one of them was with a kit by Morgan (wanted to get the measurements for that Retina covering).

Wayner
Tinkerer
Username: Wayner

Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 07:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Be patient. I had placed two orders for Minolta Autocord covers, one in May 2011 and one in August 2011. They just arrived via Express delivery with an apology from Morgan. What worked for me was to send an e-mail with the PayPal transaction number as the subject line.

Denny
Tinkerer

Post Number: 90

Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 08:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I placed an order in November, got an email the following day asking for a photo. I sent the photo and asked if that was good enough. He replied. To date, no shipment, but it also has not shown up on the credit card. Hopefully I will get it, but am not real worried since I haven't been charged. I suspect business has been beyond expectations and he is gasping for air right now. Thanks Wayner for the update.

Johnkpap
Tinkerer
Username: Johnkpap

Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 11:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have Joined the growing "Ripped off by Camera Leather" Group, I placed a order last year:- Nothing !!! Emailed him got a reply:- Was sent you should have it. OK maybe it got lost or something...I am in Australia...I placed another order 6 Weeks ago...No reply to my E-mail's, So I filed a Paypal Claim, NO REPLY TO PAYPAL....
The Claim is now Escalated!!!!

This time I am going to get my money back, my advice is DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS IDIOT !!!!

It is not worth the trouble....

Johnkpap

One90guy
Tinkerer
Username: One90guy

Post Number: 28

Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 12:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My last order took less than a week for a Argus C-3. I need to place another order but with these posts I am rethinking. I am converting a Polaroid 150 for pack film and wanted something different and another C-3. Is there anyone can recommend another place to order? For me it must be precut with or with out glue.

David

Johnkpap
Tinkerer
Username: Johnkpap

Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 04:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Update with regards to "CameraLeather"

Morgan did not get back to me or Paypal....Paypal has issued me a Refund

My advice is I you must try ordering from this Idiot -> Pay with PAYPAL wait for order for 30 Days.....If Nothing E-mail him for a week.

Then File a Dispute with PAYPAL before your 45 days runs out.

This way you can not lose your $$$

I would have liked to recieved my order, and not had my time wasted.

Johnkpap

Logandiana
Tinkerer

Post Number: 27

Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 10:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Finally...

http://500px.com/photo/6602403

I did get my stuff a couple of weeks ago, along with a sincere apology and explanation from Morgan at Cameraleather.com. Apparently he had my email and address mixed up with another customer in his system. It's all worked out now and believe it or not I am about to place a new order.
In the meantime, I need to go make some money with what I've just finished.

Brianshaw
Tinkerer
Username: Brianshaw

Post Number: 123

Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nice

Eskimogus
Tinkerer
Username: Eskimogus

Post Number: 38

Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 11:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It took Morgan about a month, month and a half to receive my order. Supposedly he sent it, but i never received it. He sent another and i got it within 2 days.
I just emailed him back, and he replied right away.

Cactus
Tinkerer

Post Number: 24

Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 07:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an order that I had to escalate to a claim today. Whats with this guy ?

Nick_merritt
Tinkerer
Username: Nick_merritt

Post Number: 31

Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 06:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I dealt with him in the last few weeks -- I had him strip and re-cover a Leica for me. I had the camera back in my hands eight days from when I shipped it (two days in the mail each way). Very pleased with the service and the product.

Denny
Tinkerer

Post Number: 98

Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 11:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I guess I will have to email him. I never received anything (except the original request for a photo), but haven't been billed either. I guess I will ask if I should just re-submit the order as I don't need two.

Thanks to all who take the time to keep this updated.

Finnegan
Tinkerer

Post Number: 170

Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 06:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We're going to have to change the title of this posting to "The post that would not die". I thought for a while that "FAKE CONTAX BEWARE SEBSANDIEGO" was ahead but, no, this one has more postings.

Cactus
Tinkerer

Post Number: 25

Posted on Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 07:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Paypal refunded my money today.

Spydrxx
Tinkerer
Username: Spydrxx

Posted on Monday, June 18, 2012 - 08:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I placed an order about 5 weeks ago and within 10 days Morgan had it in my hands. This was my 3rd order with him in 5 years, and I've never had a problem.

Marcusp85
Tinkerer
Username: Marcusp85

Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 08:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My experience with them was not as smooth.

I live in Brazil, and placed an order with them in May 2012. I had actually forgot about the order, and only remembered about it in September, when i e-mailed them again wondering where my leather kit was.

I never got a reply so I patiently e-mailed them again in October.

They never bothered to reply to any of my mails.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration