Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kodak Duaflex Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Kodak Duaflex « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris_reisetter
Tinkerer
Username: Chris_reisetter

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 01:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello all. I recently picked up a Kodak Duaflex, 1st version, and the only thing wrong with it is one of the shutter springs broke. I have been searching the internet for a replacement spring but have been unable to locate a place that sells them or even a key word that will direct me remotely close to a place that sells them. I purchased music wire and tried many times to form a replica spring but it seems I am made of all left handed thumbs when it comes to spring forming. ANY advise or tips on where to find one would be greatly appreciated. The camera itself is in great condition after I cleaned it up and would love to hit the streets with it as soon as I can. Thanks

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 103

Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 06:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try posting to the swap zone forum. You may find someone who has one.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 153

Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 06:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chris, depending on where the spring broke (usually right at the end loop), you may just be able to form a new loop on the end of it to fit over the mounting post. Or buy a junker Duaflex and strip it for parts.

PF

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration