Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ricoh KR-5 focusing screen Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Ricoh KR-5 focusing screen « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Skoropada
Tinkerer
Username: Skoropada

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 07:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi!

I'm new to the forum and the reason I'm writing is that the focusing screen on my father's RICOH KR-5 camera is not correctly aligned.

Yesterday I tried to open the camera but only succeded to remove the bottom cover.

Can anyone help/guide me to disassembly the camera? Is there a service manual online that I can download?

Thanks in advance and best regards!

Mndean
Tinkerer
Username: Mndean

Post Number: 265

Posted on Friday, October 14, 2011 - 02:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It would help if you clarified what "not correctly aligned" means. It could mean the focus in the viewfinder is not the same as on film, or the view in the finder is otherwise impaired. I suspect a mirror issue, but a more precise description will help track down what's wrong. I'll warn you that I have no Ricoh experience personally.

Usually any problems such as described are located in either the mirror box (accessed by removing the lens) or the focus screen/prism area under the top cover of the camera.

Skoropada
Tinkerer
Username: Skoropada

Post Number: 3

Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 02:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for your comment Mndean.

The problem I removed the lens from the camera, and I noticed is that I couldn't achieve infinity focus while looking through the viewfinder. I still cannot check if there is a lens problem also, because I have not yet developed the film, but when I removed the lens I noticed that the focusing screen is not laying flat and that it is slanted (as in not "parallel" to the mirror).
I want to solve this focusing screen issue before doing anything with the lens.

I tried to remove the top cover, but I couldn't do it, so any help in that regard is welcome.

Mndean
Tinkerer
Username: Mndean

Post Number: 269

Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 03:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wish I could help, but I'm pretty much stuck here. It sounds very likely that you'll have to remove the top. I don't see removable screens as a feature of the KR-5.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration