Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta Riva Zoom 105i Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Minolta Riva Zoom 105i « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tamas
Tinkerer
Username: Tamas

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 11:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi
I have a lens system Minolta zoom 105i.
I want to use the lens at something.
I do not know the lens terminals.
Can anyone help me identify the terminals?
An electrical connection scheme as well.
Any help would be very welcome.
See attachment:

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 158

Posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 12:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Forum Guidelines from the Header Page

The Classic Camera Repair Forum is a get together for people who enjoy tinkering with old mechanical cameras, those no longer repaired by mainstream repair shops. Cameras from the 1970's and earlier, like the classic 30's thru 50's Retina style folders, 60's viewfinders and rangefinders and up to the great 70's SLR's. This is a hobbyist forum for tinkerers and collectors to meet and share experiences.

This forum is moderated. Inappropriate and irrelevant posts are removed without notification. Please pay the highest respect to this forum as well as others. PLEASE DO NOT POST...questions unrelated to repair of cameras from the above mentioned camera eras; questions about modern P&S's (point and shoot), modern automatic cameras (if it's auto focus it's modern!); commercial-related material; and messages for instruction or repair/service manuals (see here for manuals). ESPECIALLY DO NOT POST questions about digital cameras.

Tamas
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 06:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry, I was not careful!
My problem is resolved.
You can delete the topic.

Monopix
Tinkerer
Username: Monopix

Post Number: 224

Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 07:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What a crass reply. What harm is there someone asking a question about a camera that doesn't quite fit your personal interest. And, are you a moderator? If you are, deal with such posts appropriately by PMing the poster and then deleting the post. Not hanging him out to dry publicly. But, as you clearly aren't a moderator, if you have a problem, report it. Don't abuse other users.

I think your post is as inappropriate as you are making out the OP's is and as such, I'm reporting it to a moderator.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 162

Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 09:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monopix, I didn't make up the rules, I just have to live with them like everybody else. And seeing as no one was coming forward with any help to folks like Tamas, I was just pointing out the facts without getting in his face, unlike your post.

I too see no harm in helping with cameras that may be out of bounds with the Forum Rules, but what I posted was better than going behind doors so to speak, getting the post removed, and alienating a new forum member. And it may also serve as a reminder to anyone else that signs on to the forum what the parameters are.

With the cameras we use aging along with us, maybe it is time for the members to come to a consensus on what direction the forum should take, and should the definition of "Classic" be renewed.

PF

Msteen1314
Tinkerer
Username: Msteen1314

Post Number: 28

Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 01:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In all fairness, the intent, through the wording from Br1078lum is clear enough and if you check previous posts, it is consistent with other such requests.
I don't think Tamas took is negatively and I'm sure that it was taken in the spirit that was meant.
By putting a standard disclosure as presented by Br1078lum, it Keeps the forum pure and no one is offended.

As a side note, I'm not sure calling out Br1078lum in front of other members is a good idea either.

Lets keep the forum professional so that it can continue to be a great resource.
As Abe Lincoln once said "A house divided against itself cannot stand"

Monopix
Tinkerer

Post Number: 225

Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 01:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well I really don't think you could have been any less 'in his face' and as for not alienating him - you couldn't have alienated him any more if you had tried. Do you really think he's coming back? You have some very strange views on life. Maybe you live on a different planet to me. Your response is unbelievable. If your first response was crass, which it was, this one is off the clock.

And should you decide to give any more 'reminders' to the members, give me fair warning will you so I make sure I skip that thread because I really don't need you to remind me of anything.

Monopix
Tinkerer

Post Number: 226

Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 01:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jeez, there are some prissy princesses around here. Not the first time I've tried to be tolerant of people posting outside the rules, and actually helping them where I could, and then getting lambasted for doing so. So I've decided I don't need the aggravation any more. I'm outta here...

Msteen1314
Tinkerer
Username: Msteen1314

Post Number: 29

Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 01:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Monopix, I did not post the initial response to Tamas's inquiry, rather I only defended it.
Please read my response carefully,
all the best

Leesobing
Tinkerer
Username: Leesobing

Post Number: 70

Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2011 - 03:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In my mind ,Do not big problem.
1)Minolta Stop production
2)Riva P&S camera at least 10~20 year which old enough.
3) We should encourage DiY & share their experience

Tamas
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2011 - 10:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I see that I started a discussion.
The machine is old and so I posted the question.
I disassembled the lens and I repaired iris locked.
Lens will be used in a video microscope.
Link with disassembled / assambled lens:
1 - http://www.astronomy.ro/forum/files/minolta_1_433.jpg
2 - http://www.astronomy.ro/forum/files/minolta_2_121.jpg

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 167

Posted on Friday, October 21, 2011 - 04:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's a very interesting lash-up, Tamas. And I hope I didn't offend you by pointing out the forum rules. I asked Margaret if we could expand the rules a bit to include more types of cameras. Haven't heard from her yet.

PF

Tamas
Tinkerer

Post Number: 8

Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 12:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is no problem.
I talked a bit.
Some camera-related drawings:
http://href.hu/x/gamv
http://href.hu/x/gamw
http://href.hu/x/gamx

Tamas
Tinkerer

Post Number: 9

Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 01:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bringing infinity for cameras
Another practical design:
http://href.hu/x/gan2
A simple optical device for adjustment - verifying infinity.

Tamas
Tinkerer

Post Number: 10

Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 03:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does not belong to repair cameras but sometimes we are curious how to measure the negative lens focal length.
The link below shows a simple method of measurement:
http://href.hu/x/gao4

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration