Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ricohflex Dia, frame counter/wind stop Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Ricohflex Dia, frame counter/wind stop « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Scott
Tinkerer
Username: Scott

Post Number: 166

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 11:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a later model Ricohflex Dia, with the lever focus, Rikenon lenses and the Bay 1 filter mounts.

The advance knob was off when I got it, so I am trying to get that back on and working.

It is apparently geared so that the advance knob will stop after the film is advanced one frame. There is a pointy lever under the knob which I think should be swiveling about 1/8 inch when I push in on the button (in the middle of the advance knob). That lever does not move in any direction, and so the knob keeps turning. It seems to be stuck.

Has anybody solved this problem? Am I overlooking something obvious?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Scott
Tinkerer
Username: Scott

Post Number: 168

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 12:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For future reference re. film advance problem on Ricoh Diacord/ Ricohflex Dia:

The whole side plate has to come off.

The back side of the number wheel is attached to a notched cogwheel. Each time you push in on the center of the advance knob, you are swiveling a spring-loaded lever a few degrees. At the other end of that lever is a pawl whose "claw" is then lifed out of a notch on that cogwheel, which allows you to advance the film to the next frame.

The gearing stops when the pawl falls into the next notch. The notches from 1 to 12 are progressively closer and closer together, to compensate for the fatter and fatter roll of film ending up on the take-up spool.

The problem was that the whole mechanisim needed lubrication.

Tip:

There's a concentric wire spring that returns the number wheel to zero. You have to separate the number wheel from the cogwheel in order to get the tang of the spring seated properly into its notch. So, if you need to remove the number wheel and notched cog for lubrication, first loosen the screws in the number wheel to allow the spring tang to disengage without being bent. First note the proper position of the number wheel at the zero position. At the "0" position, the wheel is stopped by the single high tang on the cogwheel which is approximately at the "12 o'clock" position, under the "6".

You have to "load" the spring so that it has about 180 degrees of tension at the "0" position.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration