Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss stuck aperture? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Zeiss stuck aperture? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kminov
Tinkerer
Username: Kminov

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 01:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

I have a carl zeiss jena 50/4 flektogon with the aperture stuck at 4, ring moving but to no effect on the blades. is it easy to fix this or should i take it to a pro?

Jeffk
Tinkerer
Username: Jeffk

Post Number: 25

Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 06:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aperture pin not being worked? If it's an Exakta/Exa-mount Flektogon like my 20 mm, with a shutter button mounted on the lens, you have to push the button to get the aperture to close down to whatever you've set it to. Other lens mounts often have a pin of some sort that has to be pushed.

Kminov
Tinkerer
Username: Kminov

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 11:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

no, it's a pentacon six version, no shutter on the lens.

Jeffk
Tinkerer
Username: Jeffk

Post Number: 26

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 07:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not familiar with that camera, but there is a pin or some kind of mechanism on the lens that stops down the aperture when you press the shutter on the camera - nearly every SLR has such an automatic diaphragm including yours (http://www.praktica-users.com/cams/six/pentaconsixmanual.html). When you set the lens to a small aperture and push that pin or mechanism on the lens, what happens?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration