Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Need Help with Rolleiflex Automat 2nd... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Need Help with Rolleiflex Automat 2nd model « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Eskimogus
Tinkerer
Username: Eskimogus

Post Number: 20

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, November 04, 2011 - 09:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey everyone
I received a Rolleiflex Automat recently
and had the intention of repairing it

I asked a few Camera Repair wiz's
and checked a few manuals (Also check the repair manual on here)

Theres a dowel, and i am unsure of where it goes,
can anyone help me with that?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eskimogus/6312757865/

Center, there are a few photos
Any advice would be nice

And if anyone has any parts
I REALLY need a Screw on Foot, it only has 3
Thanks Everyone!

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 126

Posted on Friday, November 04, 2011 - 10:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know where a dowel would fit into the mechanism that you have pictured. The part that is outlined is the master cam follower and quite frankly it appears to be different in shape than any I have seen in the Rolleiflex cameras. It should have an upturned stud, can't tell from the photos. If you need any Rollei feet, please PM me as I have them as new old stock. By the way, the feet do not screw on, they are staked in place.
Bill

Hanskerensky
Tinkerer
Username: Hanskerensky

Post Number: 130

Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 10:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The serial number which Gus gave me and according to Prochnows book Rollei Report 1 this is the Automat, second model.
Produced between Feb.1938 and March 1939.

Hope that this exact type confirmation will help in the search. Had a look at some of the photos in Prochnows book but none of the camfollowers shown there looked as the one shown on that photo of Guss.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration