Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

1931 Voigtlander Inos Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » 1931 Voigtlander Inos « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer
Username: Fallisphoto

Post Number: 195

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 09:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a 1931 Voigtlander Inos that is almost fully restored. However, it is missing the "foot" that folds out of the lens door that props it up level for display. Tried the swap zone and got nothing, so I am wondering if Voigtlander made another camera that uses this same piece and if any of you are familiar enough with Voigtlander to be able to tell me what it is. Apparently the early Inos is fairly rare and another Inos is not cheap, even a junked one. I'd hate to buy one just for that. If there is another, less expensive, camera that uses this same foot, does anyone know what it is? If not, I'm going to have to make one.

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 269

Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 12:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a camera called Voigtländer Rollfilmkamera which was built for various film formats - they seem to share (6x9 version) the foot with the Inos. If they would be cheaper - I don't know.
You can compare here:
http://www.schoebels-voigtlaender-archiv.de/BildRoll.html
(scroll down a little) and here the INos:
http://collectiblend.com/Cameras/Voigtlander/Inos-I.html

Maybe also a foot from a 6x9 Bessa can be used?

Rgds
Martin

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer
Username: Fallisphoto

Post Number: 196

Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 04:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Msiegel: Thank you. That camera is a Beatrix. "Rollfilmkamera," I believe, means roll film camera. Unfortunately, that looks like it might be the very rarest of Voigtlanders. It looks like I'll be getting out the bench grinder, dremel and needle files and I'll be making my own foot.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration