Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya C330 Light leak Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Mamiya C330 Light leak « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve_thorley
Tinkerer
Username: Steve_thorley

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2011 - 04:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Guys,
I have a problem with my Mamiya C330 there are light leaks. The leak extends through the frame markings, so I'm assuming this means it can't be the bellows and has to be around the door. I have replaced the door seals and even the door. But still getting the leaks..

The light leaks are not on every frame, you can see and example here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_thorley/4384640744/

Anyone got any ideas ???

Paul_ron
Tinkerer
Username: Paul_ron

Post Number: 264

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2011 - 09:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Think where it is coming from?... to me it looks like the top right corner of the camera.

You say the seals are all good.

Check the bellows and camera out with a bright light inside in a dark room? Also rule out the lens not sitting properly by using the bright light from the film side with the lens on?

Connealy
Tinkerer
Username: Connealy

Post Number: 59

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2011 - 10:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How about this:
c330

Paul_ron
Tinkerer
Username: Paul_ron

Post Number: 265

Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - 07:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do the bright light test, it takes all the guess work out and will defenately show easily enough.

BTW A door leak wouldn't be as localized to the frame as is this leak, it would splash film edges as they pass when winding.

Old_school
Tinkerer
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 136

Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 06:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would put a small button cell LED switched on inside & go into a darkroom & look for leaks. A small enough lamp will allow you to put it different locations too.

The Best Mike....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration