Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta Hi Matic F trouble with light... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Minolta Hi Matic F trouble with light meter - Anyone familiar with this little guy? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Atxi6677
Tinkerer
Username: Atxi6677

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 05:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Firstly, I am a new member so my greetings to you all!

Last week I bought this Minolta Hi Matic F from the evilbay. The photos look good and it was described to be in "excellent working condition". Horribly, when I received the camera, there is a broken piece in the viewfinder and the rangefinder is also far from accurate. At that point I was disappointed but still felt I could live with it. So I spent two hours to disemble the top cover to adjust the rangefinder and clean the viewfinder. I couldn't figure out where the broken metal piece fit so I just took it out of the viewfinder.
Anyway, after that I was quite happy with my work and went out to buy some LR44 batter to test the camera. The battery check worked and the light went on both on the top and in the viewfinder. Horribly (again) and so much more disappointed, although the shutter mechanism worked, the light meter didn't seem to function. So for all lighting condition, even when the cap was put on the lens, the camera had the same shutter speed. I guess it is around 1/50 or sth. I think the light meter malfunctions or doesn't work. Anyone have similar experience? Do you have any suggestion about how to fix it?

One more funny thing, if I press the shutter trigger button doesn't fully release it, (I mean back to half press position), the light goes on in the viewfinder and would stay there until I fully release the trigger. Is this supposed to be normal behaviour?

Thank you for reading! Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration