Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax PC35AF-M fault. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Pentax PC35AF-M fault. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Electric_shepherd
Tinkerer
Username: Electric_shepherd

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 07:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone, first time posting on here!

I've got a large variety of old cameras ranging from Ikontas to A1s which I've been able to massage into life, however I'm a little stumped with this latest arrival.

Not strictly a "classic", but my parents had one when I was younger and couldn't resist a £5 buy.

Now it intially seemed reluctant to come to life, but new batteries and a play around have it all working normally except that it will only shoot with the self timer active, regardless of how the switch is set.

Does anyone have any experience with these units?

Thanks,
Ben

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 131

Posted on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 09:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Most likely the problem is poor contact on the self-timer switch. The contacts get dirty and do not provide a direct short between the two contact pads. You will have to remove the top cover and clean the wipers of the self timer switch.
Bill

Electric_shepherd
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 09:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cheers Bill. Is the top cover removal pretty obvious? No hidden tabs to break off etc.

Electric_shepherd
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And, fixed! Just needed to adjust the contacts on the self timer as they weren't making contact at all rather than oxidised.

Got a mystery Nettar coming next week, let's see how that turns out.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration