Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Help on Rolleiflex 2.8F repair Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Help on Rolleiflex 2.8F repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nasdak
Tinkerer
Username: Nasdak

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 02:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I am working on a beautiful rolleiflex 2.8F ; it had not been use for a while and shutter and operation wheels where stuck. So i had to dissasemble it :-)

I will certainly have numerous questions during the reassembly process ; here is the first one :

The shutter is now taken appart from the body, ready to be clean ; during disassembly i removed the cocking ring and the attached spring from the shutter.
Can someone tell me where to attach the spring on the shutter? I can see 2 or 3 pins where i could put it back, can't figure out the right one :-) A photo with the spring attached would be so great!

Thanks,
pierre

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1151

Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 08:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Pierre:

I have some notes, but no photos, of the 2.8F. The spring anchors just to the left of the self timer escapement at the bottom of the shutter. I do have a photo of the 2.8C shutter ... in that one, the spring anchor doubles as the screw that attaches the ST escapement to the shutter chassis. I will be happy to share the notes that I have if you will email me at [email protected]

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1152

Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

2.8E shutter

Here's a photo of a 2.8E - does this help?

Nasdaki
Tinkerer
Username: Nasdaki

Post Number: 10

Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 02:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've worked a lot on this one and now the shutter works like a new one :-)

I now need help to calibrate the lightmeter. I am trying to do as the rolleiflex repair manual states... "set to F8, 1/2 second and the follow up pointer must now stop at the adjustement mark (smal dot or red line) in the front half of the indicator range"
The thing is i cannot see that adjustement mark !
Does) someone know what it looks like ? here is a photo of the meter (i can clearly see one adjustement mark but it is the one for the lightmeter needle...)

http://hfr-rehost.net/http://self/pic/1d3435bae5e6efaec3cd510b5c51668c24d5e521.j peg

Cooltouch
Tinkerer
Username: Cooltouch

Post Number: 184

Posted on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 12:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looking at the photo you provided, it appears there is a small red hashmark above the red field at the right of the meter adjustment area. Are you sure this is the adjustment mark for the needle and not the aperture indicator? If it were me, I'd give it a go, and see if that didn't work out. Who knows, maybe their "front half" is your "back half" ?

Nasdak
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Monday, March 19, 2012 - 03:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

i left the rollei for a while because i had other things to do but it's back now :-)

I think the light meter needle is ok but I can't get the 2nd needle correctly calibrated (the one that moves when you change aperture/speed)

I'm sure there's nothing broken, but it is really hard to put back together - differential, meter, aperture and speed ring, iso dial ...

Does someone know how to put back and calibrate this EV needle ? Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks!

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 165

Posted on Monday, March 19, 2012 - 10:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The differential , shutter, aperture, and pointer rack must be at specific setting for the cross coupled system to calibrate.

For reassembly, set shutter to 1/500 and aperture to f/22. Make sure the pointer rack is at the bottom position. Install the differential with the tab at 11 o'clock position. After installing the front plate, you can check pointer calibration after setting shutter to 1/2 second, aperture to f/8, film speed of ASA 25, and filter factor of "0". Although the calibration line is not visible in your photo I have reposted the photo showing the location of the
calibration line since it is not visible due to the angle of the photo.
Bill
r28f

Nasdak
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks a lot!
i sent you a PM

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration