Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nicca YF disassembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Nicca YF disassembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brianw
Tinkerer
Username: Brianw

Post Number: 8

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 05:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Nicca YF and I need to get to the shutter to service it. I have worked on other Leica types but I need to know how to remove the body. I would think that it is the same as the other Screw bodies but as there are no screws from the body to the top, I thought I'd ask first so I don't screw it up.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 184

Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 10:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, you can say Yashica, it's not a dirty word around here!

Here's what I know about my YF.

Lift the Rewind knob, and you will see a screw on the shaft. Remove that, and the knob comes right off.

Then take the Accessory Shoe off by removing the one screw that holds it.

Next, there are three set screws around the Shutter Speed Dial. And there is where I had to stop, as one of the set screws is sheared off, and I don't have a proper tool to remove it.

There is a screw next to the Shutter Release button, but I don't know if it has to be removed.

I don't think the Frame Counter Dial needs to be removed.

Not sure if the PC Connector on the back can be disconnected from the top, or if you just unsolder the wires to it once the top is off.

I believe the two screws on the front are for the Rangefinder adjustments, and thus are just ports, so they shouldn't need to come off. But remove them just in case.

Good luck.

PF

Brianw
Tinkerer
Username: Brianw

Post Number: 10

Posted on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 10:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the info. If anyone has more info I would like to hear from you! Happy Holidays.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration