Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Robot **star xenar schneider kreuznac... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Robot **star xenar schneider kreuznach2.8/38mm lens « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Silversurfer
Tinkerer
Username: Silversurfer

Post Number: 38

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have searched the postings for any comments on 'Robot lens', but nothing found.
I have bought (ebay!) the above camera and find the lens iris stuck at,I reckon f16. The front setting rim clicks nicely but does not alter the iris. The brass lens looks undamaged(undented)focus moves slighty stiffly.
When set to min distance 1.75ft there are three equi distance tiny screws seen around the lens body.The iris sems to be in the 'middle' of the body. The front and rear elements have 'peg'lock rings, so could be removed but unsure if this would achive anything. the rear face of the lens is flush to the camera body, no signs of an unscrewing ring. Just one tiny brass pin in a locating ?hole. Tried pressing it in but it's solid. My previous 'suck it and see' unscrewing things have not all been sucessful! so, not wishing to kill a rare camera/lens I wait for any advice, thanks silversurfer

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration