Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Praktica B100 meter adjustment Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Praktica B100 meter adjustment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 128

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 06:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have managed to find the 3 pots in the bottom of the camera and adjust the needle so the battery check points to 1/250th and the meter reads properly under most conditions. However, under very bright light, the needle will not go above 1/500th (it has a maximum speed of 1/1000th). Has anyone adjusted this camera before?
Could the needle be low, but the shutter working properly?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 129

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 07:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just an update for future reference:

There are 6 pots on the bottom of the camera. Three are sealed with laquer and probably adjust shutter speed or something. I did not touch these. The other three are closer to the centre of the camera. The middle pot seems to adjust the overall range of the needle and is very sensitive. The right pot seems to adjust the higher ISO settings and the other the lower. So, I adjusted the middle pot so the needle would deflect to 1000 when the battery check was engaged. I then set the camera to ISO 50 and adjusted the other pots so the readings were accurate. I then set the ISO to 1600 and did the same. I had to adjust the middle pot very slightly to lower or raise the response of the needle. The meter now works properly.
What was confusing me was the fact that when the battery check is engaged, the needle is supposed to point to 250, however, when it does this, the needle will never go above 500. Since the meter is reading correctly, I have decided to ignore the fact that the battery check now goes to 1000. This is not correct according to the manual, but at least the meter is working correctly.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration