Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rolleicord III problems Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Rolleicord III problems « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bobbo
Tinkerer
Username: Bobbo

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 03:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, all. I have a Rolleicord III with a problem which need resolving.

The advance is a little wonky. When I'm winding on (usually frames 4-6, but sometimes others but generally OK towards the end of the roll), I push in the button on the wind knob to advance on, but it locks after a fraction of a turn (like, say, 1/16 of a turn or less). If I push the button again (and again, and again) I can advance the film, but it's not the ideal situation, I'm afraid.

What could be the problem and how would I go about fixing this? Thank you for your attention.

--Bob

Mareklew
Tinkerer
Username: Mareklew

Post Number: 263

Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 07:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On the RC IV the usual problem around film advance is some thick lubricant gumming up. Malfunctions vary...

Unfortunately a stripdown is called for, all parts that got gummed up have to be cleaned OUTSIDE camera, as the oxidized organic lubricant makes a good solvent glue when mixed with something volatile that'd eat it.

Greets,
Marek

Kb2qqm
Tinkerer
Username: Kb2qqm

Post Number: 25

Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 08:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a photos of my diss-assembly of the Rolleicord IIe. You are welcome to download them if you want. I don't know the difference between the II and III, but hopefully they are similar. Anybody who wants to download the photos, send me an email: KB2QQM "at" mac.com

This gummed up problem is not that difficult a task. I completely tore down the Rolleicord and reassembled it. Please use these photos at your own risk. Better Yet...if you need the photos go download a free program that everybody in the World should own. It's called Dropbox. If you sign up thru this link I get more room on the server. Normally you get 2gb, but when you sign up thru me I get more room as a bonus. this is not a gag...dropbox is awesome. PC, Mac, or Linux works on all platforms. Here's the link:

http://db.tt/rtB2GXX

go on dropbox website and watch the movie. The great thing about it is that you can install the program on every computer you own even your smartphone and they are all synced all time. I keep my resume and other things I shouldn't lose on it. No I don't work for them..but it's a great thing for sharing all your stuff with friends especially other camera repairer's. It's just a great resource, and the free version is awesome. Enjoy

Once you have dropbox installed send me your email and I will link you to my dropbox, then we can share a folder and then you can download the photos you need. It's really easier than you can imagine. The key to any camera teardown is patience and taking tons of photos. So you can reassemble the "whatever" in reverse. I hope this can help you Bob.. Once you link to the photos I took download them to your computer, I will keep the file link open for 24 hours. I hope you get it running. :-)

I'm doing a Mamiya RB67 lens CLA so I know tearing down stuff stinks without the right photos or schematics.

Greg

Kb2qqm
Tinkerer
Username: Kb2qqm

Post Number: 29

Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 11:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok...to make this easier so you don't have to download a bunch of stuff, even though Dropbox is a great deal and you NEED to have it...in the above link.. I downloaded the files off the Apple server and uploaded them to my Flickr.com account. Access the photos here. I hope this helps you out in some form or fashion..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kb2qqm/sets/72157628840309329/

Cheers,

Greg Heath

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration