Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Praktica B200 metering issue Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Praktica B200 metering issue « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Benh
Tinkerer
Username: Benh

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 04:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

My newly acquired Praktica B200 seems to have a problem with the TTL metering, in that it doesn't appear to take into account the selected aperture setting at all, unless you sort of force it to by stopping down the lens, which is not much good except as a reference.

Is there an easy way of fixing this? I assume it will be a complicated electrical thing, rather than anything within the grasp of an enthusiastic amateur...

(it might give me a good incentive to shoot manual using the sunny 16 rule if I can't fix it though...)

Cheers,
Ben

Zorki
Tinkerer
Username: Zorki

Post Number: 1

Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 06:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, this thread is a bit old, but here it goes. If you open the lens from the back, you will find a carbon track and a graphite contact coupled to the diaphragm ring. This is often an issue, as the tiny/tricky small graphite contact falls off for some obscure reason, and as there is no contact with the track any more, the diaphragm ring cannot act as a potientometer, as it is supposed to. Try with another praktica lens. If your camera reacts normally with the newer lens, then older one might be the source of your trouble. Hope it will help.

John_s
Tinkerer
Username: John_s

Post Number: 83

Posted on Monday, April 16, 2012 - 01:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Probably the lens as Zorki says - there are also very thin wires in the lenses which are prone to break at the soldered joints, thus depriving the camera of the aperture setting. Try & get another lens, they cost next to nothing these days.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration