Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Practica Super TL - frame counter won... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Practica Super TL - frame counter wont count « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Julezhaze
Tinkerer
Username: Julezhaze

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello again,
also my other grandpa camera has a little problem.
The Practica Super TL doesnt count the frames in that window next to the film winder. Is there any general approach how i could fix it? i dont really want to dissemble that camera, i would be quite bad if i'd destroy something.

thanks a lot!
greetings - jules

Mr_flibble
Tinkerer
Username: Mr_flibble

Post Number: 43

Posted on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 02:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the little reset button set in the top channel of the film door do anything?

Julezhaze
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 04:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi, i am not shure what you mean. i cant open the cam right now because its still loaded (altough i dont know how many frames are left ;). Do you mean that little button for rewinding the film next to the film winder?
Sorry if it sounds stupid, but what should the top channel of the film door be?
thanks for the answer though, greatly appreciated ;)

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 106

Posted on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 05:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, he means when you open the back door there is a little metal tab in the canal that the top edge of the back door fits into when it is closed. When the foam light seal gets gummy it often "glues" the tab "in" so it is not able to pop back out when the back door is opened which this action resets the counter to zero.

Julezhaze
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Friday, January 06, 2012 - 04:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey there, sorry for not answering for a while but the cam was amazingly long loaded with film.

so i found that little tab. it seems to operate smoothly. i just got it to count till 5 but after the next wind it reset again. and now it doesn't really start to count again. just a little movement and immediate reset along every film advance.

maybe its easier now to nail a problem down.
greets jules

Julezhaze
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Friday, January 06, 2012 - 04:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

allright happy news, i just fixed the problem.

I jammed a piece of paper in the top channel to provide good and constant pressure on the metal tab. door closes easily and now it counts reliably till 36 :-)

maybe it helps somebody else with a similar problem ;)
thanks again for the answers and helping hand :-) wouldnt have made it without you :P

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration