Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kodak Autographic Junior 1-A shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Kodak Autographic Junior 1-A shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ddupree79
Tinkerer
Username: Ddupree79

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 10:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all. I received a Kodak Autographic Junior 1-A for Christmas and would love to use it. However, the ball bearing shutter has stopped working. It looks like the shutter button is failing to trigger something. (Sorry for not using technical terms. I'm a newbie) I can trip it with a small screwdriver and get it to open, so I don't think the problem could be too bad. I was wondering how I remove the shutter to get a crack at it? And does anyone have any suggestions on what to do when I get it open? I found great instructions at http://pheugo.com/cameras/index.php?page=kodakbb, but that shutter has already been removed. Thanks so much for your time.
Danielle Dupree

Mr_flibble
Tinkerer
Username: Mr_flibble

Post Number: 44

Posted on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 05:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Danielle,

I have no personal experience with the 1-A. But if it is similar to other Kodak folders of the time you will need to unscrew the retaining ring around the rear lens element inside the bellows. With the camera folded up and the back open you should see the ring, it will usually have 2 or 4 slots in it to help unscrewing it with the right tools.

Good luck

Ddupree79
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 05:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks! Now I just need to locate a spanner.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 195

Posted on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 06:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

MicroTools is the place to go for high quality tools at http://www.micro-tools.com/store/home.aspx

And if your budget can't handle them, there are dealers on eBay that sell spanners. Sometimes you can make your own out of pliers, or flat metal fitted into a t-handle, or the proper diameter pipe cut to fit the slots (good for those deep-set back-side lens mount rings). I've seen folks cut down a socket to fit the slots, but then that could get expensive.

PF

Ddupree79
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 09:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the tip!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration