Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Voigtlander 9x12 Avus IBSOR shutter -... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Voigtlander 9x12 Avus IBSOR shutter - Damaged Iris. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Parcon
Tinkerer
Username: Parcon

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 06:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I bought this nice old 9x12 plate camera with a 13.5cm Skopar lens. The IBSOR shutter went into the mid range cameras of this type up til about 1935. It is in great shape and the shutter is working perfectly, except the aperture. One of the ten blades has a pin sheared off. I have tried various devices to keep the blade located properly but it will only work from wide open down to about f/8 at which point the weak blade pops out of position and the iris becomes distinctly out of round. (I am getting good at installing the blades) I just know that somewhere out there, at the bottom of a drawer or in a box of old parts, is a damaged IBSOR shutter that would serve as a donor for mine; or even a whole camera that has passed beyond repair. I would like to put this nice old gem back into service instead of being relegated to a shelf. (of course there is still the problem of getting film into it but one thing at at time); will pay reasonable compensation and am open to suggestions. Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration