Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Lubitel 2 Lens assembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Lubitel 2 Lens assembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sapata
Tinkerer
Username: Sapata

Post Number: 21

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 09:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi!
Just got the lens out to be able to clean the shutter of my Lubi. The problem is that the lens that stays between the shutter and the taking lens fell off when I pulled off the retaining ring before I could memorize the side it should be put back. I did a small sketch and I believe the way is the n1, but since I'm having a hard time to put it back I was just wondering if is n2 ?
Many thanks!

Thepurush
Tinkerer
Username: Thepurush

Post Number: 3

Posted on Friday, January 27, 2012 - 10:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To me pos 1 appears to be correct. But you can try position 2 also and check the image on a ground glas in place of a film. With wrong postion you will see mismatching distance scale as well as very obvious barrel distortion.

Cactus
Tinkerer
Username: Cactus

Post Number: 19

Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 06:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What I did when I took apart my 166U to free up the timer was, after putting it back together I wound a strip of wax paper the width of 120 film on a 120 spool. It was long enough to stretch across the film plain. After getting it in position a just added a shutter cable to the shutter and set it for B and looked through the back of the camera to see if the image looked right.

Thepurush
Tinkerer
Username: Thepurush

Post Number: 9

Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 09:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well when i said look for barreldistortion Ifailed to mentione the method to check that. I just looked at a small print using the lense as magnifying glass. U can easily makeoutthe ndistorsion in in both case. Which ever postion the distortionis minimum, that is the right.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration