Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Repair Certo Six (Glue glass) Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Repair Certo Six (Glue glass) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mug
Tinkerer
Username: Mug

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 05:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I bought an Certo Six recently. The viewfinder doesn't work. I opened the camera top case.
So I start cleaning, first impression is that the beamsplitter and mirror is OK. I don't touch them, because I read the coating will wipe off easily. The other lenses are real dirty.
I got another 2 problems. First the small lens near your eye has fallen out. And I see no screw that hold this tiny lens on it place? Is this lens hold on its place by a glue ? If I wanted to re-glue it, that is the best glue I can use ? I want a glue that makes repair in the future possible, so it must be soluble I hate modern glue as silicone sealant for this purpose. Can I use Shellac ?
Other problem I have with the shutter knob. It seems its need a re-adjustments. If I push it downwards, some times its still not enough to release the shutter. There is outside right near the bellows a screw that in my opinion needs readjustment. But that screw is fixed with some kind of paint or glue. Is there an way so solve the paint/glue on this screw. If I would try it in this conditions I 'll damage the screw.
already thanks for help, see pictures also
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/certo2ae.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/certo1a.jpg/

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 201

Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 07:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You could use something like Weldbond for the viewfinder lens. And without seeing the entire lever train for the shutter relese, I wouldn't venture a guess as to the purpose of that screw. I do see quite a bit of rust, and that could be impairing the motion of the levers somewhere. Or one of the holes that the ends of a rod fit in might be getting worn, letting things get out of alignment, and jamming up the works. Does this camera have a multiple exposure preventer? Those can sometimes malfunction. You have to look at every point in the system to see where the problem is. And there could be many things going wrong. Hopefully not.

PF

Kb2qqm
Tinkerer
Username: Kb2qqm

Post Number: 26

Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 08:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Contact Jurgen at Certo6.com He restored my Certo Six and it worked great. He also does recoating of 1st surface mirror glass.

Greg

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration