Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

HiMatic 7sII, jammed advance? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » HiMatic 7sII, jammed advance? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Azohos
Tinkerer
Username: Azohos

Post Number: 5

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 07:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

I recently picked up a 7sII on fleabay, which showed up with a stuck shutter. No problem, just needed cleaning. Well it then proceeded to make a horrible crunching sound as I advanced frames about halfway through my test roll. I immediately rewound my film and inspected the camera only to find the advance lever jammed and the rewind button stuck in. Wonderful. Having popped the bottom off, it seems I can cock the shutter manually and fire it, and I can also manually reset the rewind button and if I pull the catch back by hand I can move the advance lever normally but it isn't moving the sprockets. While every hi-matic I own seems to have shown up with some kind of problem, this is the first time it hasn't been centered around the lens or wiring. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

A

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration