Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Welta Weltur top removal Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Welta Weltur top removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer
Username: Fallisphoto

Post Number: 231

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 06:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyone have any idea how to get into this thing? I found and removed three screws (one front, one back, and one on the end) and it looks like that is all that's holding it on, but the top still isn't coming off.

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer

Post Number: 232

Posted on Friday, January 06, 2012 - 07:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Am I just not prying hard enough?

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 203

Posted on Friday, January 06, 2012 - 08:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Man, and I passed on one of these on the ShopGoodwill site. Took a look at some photos around the web, and from what I can see, you may have to remove the ring around the rangefinder window. Should be able to get a grip on it with a pink eraser.

By the way, which version/lens/shutter do you have?

PF

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 204

Posted on Friday, January 06, 2012 - 08:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just had a look-see at eBay, and there was one with a lot of photos, so you may have to remove the ring around the rear viewfinder window as well.

PF

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer

Post Number: 233

Posted on Friday, January 06, 2012 - 08:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This one has a Compur Rapid shutter and a Xenar lens. I was wondering about those viewfinder windows, somply because I didn't see anything else that it could possibly be that is making it stick. I've never run into anything like that before though.

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer

Post Number: 234

Posted on Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 02:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That did it. The viewfinder window surrounds screw through the top cap and into the body. Didn't do a lot of good taking the top cap off though, because somebody has attempted to modify the rangefinder and has pretty much ruined it.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 205

Posted on Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 07:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry to hear that. It's not an easy model to replace, and even a parts body will be expensive. But it should be okay otherwise, and you can guestimate distances. Shooting with smaller apertures will help in that regard.

PF

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration