Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Removing film advance lever (Konica A... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Removing film advance lever (Konica Autoreflex T3) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Baris
Tinkerer
Username: Baris

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 05:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please have a look at this picture

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3410/img3869xh.jpg

and tell me how to remove the film advance lever (see green arrow).

Many thanks

Amplifierword
Tinkerer
Username: Amplifierword

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 07:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My konica S 1.6 has a similar looking piece. Mine simply was twisted (in an upward motion) and came right off. If that doesn't work I bet those two engravings will are supposed to be used to remove it. Also, sometimes they get "stuck" due to age and constant pressure holding them down. That said, try using something to pry it upwards without scratching the chrome.

Hope this helps

Jacob

Loosecanon
Tinkerer
Username: Loosecanon

Post Number: 25

Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 09:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I believe that is a retaining nut. You will need a spanner wrench (or similar device) to unscrew it. Wrench fits in the slots on either side. There is a possibility that it is left-hand thread.

Ron_g
Tinkerer
Username: Ron_g

Post Number: 89

Posted on Friday, January 13, 2012 - 08:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Unscrew the nut that you have pointed out with your green arrow.It is right hand thread.There are springs and wave washers under there so be careful when you remove it to remember the sequence that everything comes off.That determines the preload or friction of the cocking lever when it is assembled.Ron G

Baris
Tinkerer
Username: Baris

Posted on Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 06:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, was easy.

Kareldc
Tinkerer
Username: Kareldc

Post Number: 1

Posted on Wednesday, July 04, 2012 - 08:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, just wondering which screw it is that needs to be unscrewed to remove the film advance lever.

Is it:
A. the metal plate in it's whole?
B. The Screw in the middle of the plate

Also, do I have to remove C to remove the shutter speed dial?

Anyone with service manuals to spare, please feel free to contact me!

Thanks,
Karel.

Konica Autoreflex T3

Kareldc
Tinkerer

Posted on Friday, July 06, 2012 - 04:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It ended up being: A and C.

Kareldc
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Friday, July 06, 2012 - 04:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here are some pics of the dissasembly. Email me if you need to see details in hi-res. [email protected]

The problem ended up being a corroded wire carrying the negative polarity from the battery to the system. You can see the battery box with the corrosion in the last picture.

Hovaness
Tinkerer
Username: Hovaness

Post Number: 89

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 01:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is the worst aspect of the T3 design. You can't get to the battery box without a major teardown of the camera. Still, the T3 is a fine piece of equipment, and prices are ridiculously low on eBay.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration