Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Lomo lca shutter issue Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Lomo lca shutter issue « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jokob
Tinkerer
Username: Jokob

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 03:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi guys!

I need help, my Lomo lca doesn't open. The magnets seem to be working (I think) . Anyone knows, how to fix this? I made a screenshot of the mechanism, but I am not sure how it should work, since I didn't see the workings in action, when it was actually working.

4 - stretches the mechanism during the rewinding of the film
1 - during the stretching phase the whole part moves in the direction of he arrow and it blocks the opening for the light
2 - is closing the leaves
3 - if pushed in the direction of the arrow, opens the leaves
5 - a part of 2
7 - there is such a white lever - maybe a problem with this part?

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1526/img20120114175906.jpg

Thanks in advance,
Jokob

Sillyconguru
Tinkerer
Username: Sillyconguru

Post Number: 43

Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 10:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you tried fresh silver oxide batteries and made sure that the contacts are clean? If so, have you tried wiring 3 AA (or AAA) batteries in series and connecting these to the camera's battery contacts?

It's just that I read somewhere that sometimes the LC-A's shutter needs a 'kick-start'

Jokob
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 02:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the tip, I will try that as soon as possible a I will let you know if it helped.

In the mean time are there any other suggestions?

Jokob
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 01:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi again!

I've tried to hook up my lomo to 3 AA batteries, but it didn't do the trick. Nothing moved. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Any pointers much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration