Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ricoh 300 Shutter Repair Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Ricoh 300 Shutter Repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 217

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2012 - 07:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Got this yesterday in the mail, and started to work on it because I had nothing else to do. The shutter was jammed up pretty good, but otherwise the camera was very nice. Here is a link to the repairs. I really couldn't find much about this camera, even here. Must be more rare than a Zorki 50th Anniversary Special.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyd8ZUX

PF

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 218

Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 08:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Got the first test roll of Ilford FP-4 back from the lab. http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyhpa7P

PF

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 275

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 03:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

first of all congrats for that great documentation of the shutter repair and thanks for sharing it. I also enjoyed your pics. Rusty steel still looks best in black and white. Adds that extra depressive feeling. The camera seems to do fine. Orchard #2 is my favourite picture BTW.
Those little Ricohs do fine. I have a 500G which I use not often enough but I really like it.

So thanks again for sharing and best regards
Martin

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 219

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 10:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Martin. I've also got a 500G, and it's been waiting for me to put a seal in it.

PF

Seanachie
Tinkerer
Username: Seanachie

Post Number: 1

Posted on Monday, September 03, 2012 - 07:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day gents,

I have just been gifted a 300 from my father-in-law, and research on the model has led me here. I'm very excited to see how well your photos turned out, PF; I can't wait to get shooting :-)

I'm hoping you might be able to help me with a bit of know how: to get this puppy focussing properly, is it just a matter of focussing on infinity and using the horizontal/vertical adjustment screws to get the rangefinder/viewfinder images lined up?

Cheers,
Sean

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 366

Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 07:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sean, first you have to know that the lens is at infinity. You can do this by placing a piece of either ground glass, or some scuffed up plastic sheeting in the film plane (NOT on top of the guide rails); setting the lens on B and holding it open with a locked cable release; checking the image with a loupe to see if it is in focus at infinity (something more than 100ft/93m away).

After that, you can adjust the horizontal and vertical screws.

PF

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration