Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OMPC Shutter Release stuck, R... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Olympus OMPC Shutter Release stuck, Rewind Stuck « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hamburgler
Tinkerer
Username: Hamburgler

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, February 06, 2012 - 12:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello there, I'm new to these here forums but I've stumbled upon them in my effort in fixing my beloved OMPC from this frustrating problem.

The camera has worked fine for a long time now, I received it from a friend and have shot maybe around 20 rolls of film on it so far. In China I ran into this same exact problem, the shutter not wanting to be pressed and the release button being stuck, but in that situation it was a case of bad batteries.

At first, I thought this was a similar case because my batteries were dead (bought in China, didn't last long, hah). I just changed the batteries and got set up for a shot and...broken. No dice, stuck in place.

Anyone have any advice? I saw another post in the 2006 section of these forums about it, and messed around with the bottom off a little with no luck. Didn't want to break anything. If anyone has an idea of what I should poke and prod down there it would be tremendously helpful. Thanks in advance!

Sam

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration