Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Airesflex U - Copal Shutter problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Airesflex U - Copal Shutter problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Clodiopulcher
Tinkerer
Username: Clodiopulcher

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 01:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi!

First of all, I'm new in this forum and in world of repairing cameras.
I recently bought an Airesflex U (version with Coral lens and Copal Shutter - B to 1/200 and self release mechanism) in a auction for about 20 U$S.
The most of the camera is in perfect condition: mirror, viewfinder, lens, frame counter and overall appearance.
The problem the camera has is that the shutter doesn't release.
I didn't find any repair manual on line, only a guide for a similar Copal shutter (http://pheugo.com/cameras/index.php?page=copal).
I open the shutter and the cocking mechanism it seem to work fine. The problem appears to be in the blades. The blades seem to be tight: when I activate the shutter it hasn't the strenght to move the blades lever.

Since I never have repaired a camera before I don't have any clue of how to identify the problem, disassemble the shuttter or repair the problem
I will appreciated any help.

Best regards

P.S: Sorry for my lousy english.

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 119

Posted on Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 05:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aparece que necesitas un limpia del obturador (shutter). Use fluido de alumbrador de cigarillo o aerosol de limpiador de electronicas (el que seca seco, no grasosa).

Clodiopulcher
Tinkerer
Username: Clodiopulcher

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, February 10, 2012 - 05:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration