Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Problem with my film advance lever on... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Problem with my film advance lever on Minolta SR-T 101 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Caligulaxiii
Tinkerer
Username: Caligulaxiii

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 09:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am very new to photography so I'm know it was a rookie mistake but i snapped the last shot on my film then wound the rewind crank without pushing the film release button. Needless to say the film's ruined but now i have a major problem, my film advance lever wont budge & the film release button wont retract. There are no Camera shops here so i have to try to get someone here to try to help. Please tell there's something i can do.

Thepurush
Tinkerer
Username: Thepurush

Post Number: 11

Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 09:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can always take out the film in total darkness of yr room in nite. put it back ina light proof container. The film advance lever shd now should move and i believe thre is no damage to camera. But if it doenst move then you will need to open the bottom cover and if necessary the top to see what is holding it. Good luck.

Mikeb
Tinkerer
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 14

Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 07:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you've already opened the back of the camera try moving the film advance spool with your fingers a bit and see if that frees things up. You have to go the direction of normal film travel but if you think about how it moves when you are loading film you can figure it out.

Loosecanon
Tinkerer
Username: Loosecanon

Post Number: 34

Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 09:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If the shutter is cocked, the release lock and related mechanism at the bottom of the camera may be jammed. Also, quite often, battery acid leaks on to this mechanism, causing it to jam.

Mikeb
Tinkerer
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 15

Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 07:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's true, I have had this happen myself. If you remove the bottom cover and can find the right little lever to move it will all reset and you might be back in business. I didn't have any battery acid on mine though so you might get lucky there. Either way it's not a bad idea to clean things up a bit.

Thepurush
Tinkerer
Username: Thepurush

Post Number: 17

Posted on Friday, February 17, 2012 - 08:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Normally the film release button will not come back to normal position until the begining of next wind cycle. The mirror and the aperture closing lever need to return to thier initial posiions for film advance to begin next cycle. You definitely need to check the mechanism that closes aperture. This is atht eh bottom of the mirror box. Make sure the shuuter curtains have retrurned to normal position too. It looks like u hv started windoing film advence lever, when ur part way u realised the film reached its end , then you wind the film back without depressing the rewind button.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration