Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax P30T light meter issues Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Pentax P30T light meter issues « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ameliezapf
Tinkerer
Username: Ameliezapf

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 09:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

I've received a friend's old Pentax P30T 35mm SLR that, when run in automatic exposure mode, consistently delivers underexposures, esp. in low-light conditions. The diaphragm works fine, and shutter speed times are dead on. This leaves a decalibrated light meter as the culprit. Does anybody have a clue if there's a method of re-adjusting the meter? I have a good external light meter for reference, so that's not the problem.

Any tips appreciated, kind regards,

Amy

Chris_sherlock
Tinkerer
Username: Chris_sherlock

Post Number: 53

Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 10:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Amy,

You can find a service manual here if you haven't already found one.

http://pentax-manuals.com/manuals/service/servicemanuals.htm

Regards, Chris

Ameliezapf
Tinkerer
Username: Ameliezapf

Post Number: 3

Posted on Monday, February 13, 2012 - 04:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Chris,

what a pleasant surprise to find you here! The service manual is a great resource. At first glance, it appears that the light meter info in it is kind of scarce, and also that Pentax relied a great deal on the replacement of entire sub-assemblies for maintenance purposes. Not good news. But I'll have a closer look at the manual over the coming week, maybe I'll come up with something.

I'm shooting the first roll of film in the newly refurbished Retinette Ib, by the way. Tried flashed self-timer shots today – smooth sailing so far. This is fun! And even if I don't find a solution to the Pentax problem, I've still got my great-uncle's old Contaflex Super BC in otherwise mint condition with a stuck Synchro-Compur on the shelf to try my hands on.

Regards and thank you,

Amy

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration