Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Exchanging the rewinder knob on a Pen... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Exchanging the rewinder knob on a Pentax MV « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hafenmeister
Tinkerer
Username: Hafenmeister

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone!
I have two Pentax MV sitting on my table. One is rusty and has damaged internals, the other is fine, but misses its rewinder knob. Luckily, the rusty one has a fully functioning knob that I'd like to transfer to the OK one. I attached an image to make it less confusing.

My problem is, that I have no idea how to remove the knob from one camera and attach it on the other. Can anyone give me some advice on how to do it, or where to look for service manuals that explain the process?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25891602/pentax_mv_repair.jpg

Hafenmeister
Tinkerer
Username: Hafenmeister

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 01:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ha. Never mind. Just figured it out:

Block the rewind spool with a ruler or some other hard plastic object (not to leave scratches) and turn the knob counter-clockwise.

Loosecanon
Tinkerer
Username: Loosecanon

Post Number: 32

Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 05:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, just stick the shaft of a screwdriver in the fork of the rewind shaft inside the film compartment.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration