Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica C35 Reassembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica C35 Reassembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 228

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 07:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been looking all over for this information, but have struck out so far. Even searched here twice. Anyway, I'm reassembling a C35 after splicing a new section of wire to the CdS cell, and I'm trying to determine what levers have to be in what position when I put the front plate back on. I did it once, turned the lens rings, and didn't see any movement that would indicate the rangefinder or metering would be affected (the rangefinder is off the body at the moment), such as any levers being coupled up. Anybody got a hint as to what to look out for?
Thanx,
PF
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 229

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 08:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Silly me. I should have just waited. I got to looking at it again before I went to bed last night, and figured things out.

1: Set the selector ring to B before putting the Front Plate back on

2: There is a plunger that operates the Rangefinder. I didn't realize that's what its function was before it fell out during disassembly. But when I put it back in, it was immediately obvious.

I'm still in the middle of documenting the operation, and will post on Flickr when I've processed all the images, with a link to here.

PF

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration