Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Braun Paxette Shutter mechanism, HELP! Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Braun Paxette Shutter mechanism, HELP! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tomato64
Tinkerer
Username: Tomato64

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 07:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Braun Paxette 1951-54
Got the winding mechanism to work finally, the trigger for the shutter still refuses to work, i really need someone's to explain to me how the Paxette works on this level. The winding wheel has no stop, it actually fires the shutter, the actual shutter trigger does nothing, and neither does the timed release. I've broken the camera down to its bare mechanics, and i still don't understand.
I know there's no repair manuals online, I would like to fix this camera and possibly draw a diagram.
Any advice on repairing this camera involving the front shutter mechanics would be appreciated.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1180

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 04:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It sounds like maybe your shutter is not cocking completely during the wind cycle. Could the shutter-cocking linkage in the winding mechanism be bent or worn? Try to see if you can push the cocking arm a little farther during the wind cycle and see if it catches. If it does, then the shutter should stay cocked and the release button should trip it.

Tomato64
Tinkerer
Username: Tomato64

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 07:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Inspected the linkage and nothing seems to be worn or bent.
The shutter trigger just doesn't make contact in any beneficial way, besides stopping the shutter open for the B setting, when its held down while winding.
The wheel winds up like i said and doesn't stop, just fires off the shutter.

Still lost..

Thanks for commenting here Rick, my next repair to do, once I get this thing working is an Argus c4 which if I'm not mistaken you have drawn clear diagrams of its disassembly.

-Corey

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration